Saturday, June 20, 2009

WHHEEE! I got a Wii!


I'm not normally a video game nut, by any stretch of the imagination. However, I tried out my friend Melyssa's Wii and was hooked. Vaughn and I have been looking at them for a while now. Today Meijer had them on sale for $249, you could also use a $20 off any item purchase coupon for the Father's Day sale. This brought the price down to $229 new (cheaper than anywhere online). Plus, the catalina machine printed out a coupon for 15% off my next grocery purchase. Wait...I have a new creative idea. I had all these pennies, nickels, and dimes collecting dust. At the Meijer self check out lanes, you can pay with coins on purchases (without the 8% fee of Coinstar). Unbelievably, we had over $50 in change...bringing my Wii down to 199.98. Awesome! Next we stopped over to GameStop where they were having a sale, buy two used items, get one free. We got Dancing with the Stars, a Star Wars game, and an additional Wii controller for 62.00. I may never leave the house again...except maybe to buy a Wii Fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment